Wednesday, October 26, 2022

‘The Witcher’ Original Game’s Unreal Engine 5 Remake Announced

CD Projekt Red has revealed that they are working on a remake of The Witcher game after 16 years of its original release. Also, for this project, the company has involved one of its partner studios.

It is interesting to know that the company has already unveiled the game in codename “Canis Majoris” earlier in October’s long-term plan announcements.

CD Projekt Red Already Revealed The Witcher Remake In Codename

CD Projekt Red Already Revealed The Witcher Remake In CodenameCD Projekt Red’s report noted that they are working on an ultimate remake of the 2007’s The Witcher game. Also, there’s a fun fact that the game was actually released on the same day.

And we can expect the remake of the game to adopt such immersive graphics as it is being built with Unreal Engine 5, and its progression is going on by the Polish studio Fool’s Theory.

Besides, the company has also tweeted about it, where it didn’t mention any different detail but said to wait for more detail as they haven’t provided many details yet, such as whether its story will be the same or include some changes.

For right now, we can’t expect any crucial detail even from the company as the game is in the early development stage of it.

The head of the studio, Adam Badowski, said, “The Witcher is where it all started for us, for CD PROJEKT RED. It was the first game we made, ever, and it was a big moment for us then. Going back to this place and remaking the game for the next generation of gamers to experience, it feels just as big, if not bigger”.

Currently, the company has kept details about its launch or maybe arrival timeline as secret, but in my opinion, we would see this game’s launch before 2025.

Besides, if you don’t know, the studio is also working on New Witcher Trilogy, which doesn’t include any third-party studio.

The post ‘The Witcher’ Original Game’s Unreal Engine 5 Remake Announced appeared first on TechViral.



from TechViral https://ift.tt/uDigbR5

Lee Jae-yong: Samsung appoints convicted heir to top job

Lee Jae-yong was found guilty of bribery and embezzlement before being granted a presidential pardon.

from BBC News - Technology https://ift.tt/1iNhfFj

Black women missing from tech industry, says report

A report says an additional 20,000 black women need to be recruited to match numbers in the wider workforce.

from BBC News - Technology https://ift.tt/wU850bH

Twitter: Elon Musk visits HQ as deal deadline looms

Elon Musk changed his Twitter bio to "Chief Twit" ahead of the Friday deadline to complete its acquisition.

from BBC News - Technology https://ift.tt/Fpd5eqM

Facebook owner Meta sales continue to fall

The company has lost confidence of many investors, after shares have plunged roughly 60% this year.

from BBC News - Technology https://ift.tt/CeF8WGk

Nothing Ear (stick) Launched At $99 Without ANC Support

Today, Nothing has officially launched its second true-wireless earbuds, which is called Ear (stick), and the best part about it is that it also launched in the U.S. and Canada as Nothing Phone 1 wasn’t made this out.

Carl Pei’s Nothing is famous for its unique transparent design as it made a debut in the market with transparent designed, true-wireless earbuds and then the first smartphone with a back glyph and transparent design.

And now the company has made its approach more different with the stick-shaped case of its transparent earbuds. Let’s discuss every possible detail of it below.

Nothing Ear (stick) Also Launched In The U.S.

Nothing Ear (stick) Also Launched In The U.S.

As we have already seen, its unique cylindrical design case in the leaks and first look, but we didn’t get any hint about its features and capabilities, but we know everything about it.

Nothing claims this Ear (stick) weighs 4.4 grams, making it even lighter than Nothing’s first earbuds. Also, it has a 3-high-resolution mic setup and a Bass Lock feature to improve the bass output.

It doesn’t include Active Noise Cancellation(ANC) may be due to its low pricing, but you can get the advantage of other features, such as sound enhancers and fast pairing from the Nothing X app.

Battery

It supports USB-C charging, and according to Nothing,  you can get 2 hours of listening just with 10 minutes of charging.

And for the further, the case has the capacity to provide 22 hours of playback to earbuds at a full charge, and the earbuds can deliver 7 hours of playback at full charge.

Price & Availability

It will be available to buy from November 4th, and its sale start timing is 5:30 a.m. EDT / 2:30 a.m. PDT. Nothing has launched it in 40 countries, including the U.S., Canada, and the U.K.

It is priced at $99, which seems perfect compared to other brands, and also, in some countries, it will be available from some selected retailers.

The post Nothing Ear (stick) Launched At $99 Without ANC Support appeared first on TechViral.



from TechViral https://ift.tt/erD5kJU

Apple Officials Confirmed About iPhone Is Switching To USB-C

After many rumors and leaks, Apple’s officials have made it confirm that the next iPhone will get a USB-C port instead of a Lightning port which seems a little change, but it’s a big deal for the company.

As we all know, many tipsters claimed earlier that Apple is testing a USB-C port for AirPods, and it is not planning for iPhones yet, but now it is confirmed we will see one or maybe two iPhone series with a USB-C port by 2024.

Apple’s Marketing SVP Confirmed USB-C Adoption

Apple's Marketing SVP Confirmed USB-C Adoption

At the Wall Street Journal Tech Live 2022 Conference, Apple’s officials Craig Federighi (SVP of software engineering) and Greg Joswiak (SVP of marketing) were asked about EU Regulation’s mandatory charging port law for electronic devices.

And Greg replied to it and confirmed that Apple respects the government’s law and they are complying with it as they has no other choice to do. He also noted a major issue we would see after this change.

Last month, EU Regulation passed a law for all electronic device-producing companies to make USB-C charging ports mandatory charging port for electronic devices such as smartphones, headphones, and tablets.

And some other country like Brazil has raised the same demand for these companies, but they didn’t mark out USB-C port as mandatory.

Greg’s statement clarified that we would see the first iPhone and maybe the first AirPods, too, with USB-C in 2024, and also, we won’t see a complete wireless charging iPhone yet; there are still years to see it.

According to Greg, the switch to USB-C would also be a problem for earlier iPhone users, and it will create a lot of e-waste as every iPhone users have to buy a new USB-C, and the old Lightning cable will not be in any use.

Besides, in this conference, they also clarified that Apple will always keep iMessage exclusive to iOS only.

The post Apple Officials Confirmed About iPhone Is Switching To USB-C appeared first on TechViral.



from TechViral https://ift.tt/9EadIrZ